Monday, February 14, 2011

MY FIRST TRUE VALENTINE - ODE TO MY WIFE - SHIRIN QUDDUS-CLARK


An Arctic World,

of darkness

and chilling thoughts

at bedtime,

of lonely anguish -

I've lived - many years;

until the ICE

had engulfed

MY HEART -

the DOUBT,

of being adequate -

knowing that the ONE,

who REQUIRED INTEGRITY,

HONOR,

MATURE RESPONSIBILITY,

PATIENCE,

HUMILITY,

PERSERVERANCE,

while at the same time,

an ability to EXCITE PASSION,

would not accept

mediocrity -

even if it meant

standing alone -

I chipped -

many years,

the GLAICER of my ways -

Praying that one day,

I'd be ready to

take on, master, and succeed

IN BEING A HUSBAND!

HUMBLE

UNDERSTANDING

SUPERMAN

BOLD

ALLURING

NEEDING-PASSION

DIVINE!

I'm going to spend

this LIFETIME

getting to know you -

falling in love OVER and OVER

again,

till DEATH do we DIFFUSE -

into one another's SOUL

ABSORBING EACH OTHER -

REFUSING TO MISS ONE DROP -

OF THE LOVE -

THAT STRUCK MY BLEEDING HEART,

THAT FIRST DAY

I FELL IN LOVE WITH YOU!

FROM OUR VERY FIRST

INTERACTION

WHEN THE IDEA OF YOU

PIERCED THE ICE,

AND THE MELTING BEGAN -

MY LOVE,

I CHERISH YOU!

THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING ME

TO BE YOUR LAWFUL!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
SHIRIN QUDDUS-CLARK




No comments:

Post a Comment